B Series Watertight & Vacuum Tight Harsh Environment Connectors
Alpine Electronics’ environmentally sealed connectors are an ideal interconnect solution for outdoor harsh environment applications, where each connector needs to be watertight. Alpine Electronics’ wide range of watertight and vacuum tight interconnect systems are ideal for outdoor applications that require only the most proven watertight and vacuum tight connectors in the industry.
B Series Watertight & Vacuum Tight Connector FeaturesAlpine Electronics’ LEMO B Series watertight and vacuum tight connectors have been specifically designed for outdoor applications. They include an inner sleeve and seals to prevent penetration of solids or liquids. The B Series is watertight or vacuum tight when mated to give a protection index of IP68 per IEC 60529 standard.
B Series Watertight & Vacuum Tight Connector ApplicationsThe B series watertight and vacuum tight harsh environment connector models allow the device on which they are fitted to reach a protection index of IP68 as per IEC 60529. They are fully compatible with plugs of the same series and are widely used for a variety of applications, including:
- Portable Radios
- Military equipment
- Vision equipment
- Communication devices
- Test & Measurement
- Other outdoor applications
- The cable mount plug is mated to the receptacle by simply pushing the plug axially into the receptacle housing.
- Alignment is accomplished by various keying options.
- Once mated the connection cannot be broken by pulling on the cable or any other part of the system besides the outer release sleeve.
- A single axial pull of the outer release sleeve results in the latch sleeve retracting and disengagement between plug and receptacle is accomplished.
- No twisting or threading allows for closer spacing on a panel because finger clearance is reduced to 180 degrees.