Applications for LEMO Accessories
Do you have a “busy” panel? LEMO has the options and accessories to solve even the tightest cable to panel applications.
Here’s a brief tutorial describing a sample LEMO B Series panel and how the engineers at LEMO have developed various schemes to solve many of the problems you may encounter in your design.
LEMO Connector Panel Examples
Notice, how unlike bayonet or threaded connectors (like a BNC, Mil 38999 or SMA for example), the LEMO push-pull self-latching system requires only room for your fingers at 12:00 and 6:00, allowing designers much tighter connector placement on the panel.
From Left to Right:
- Here’s a Handy Electricity 101 tip: If you really need to insulate the panel mount connector from the panel, better put one of those insulating washers on both sides of the panel!
5. A LEMO blanking cap providing IP61 protection to a panel mount receptacle
6. A LEMO BRR style spring loaded dust cap in the closed position providing IP61 protection to a panel mount receptacle
7. A LEMO FNG lanyard release straight plug with a standard collet nut
8. A LEMO FGG style straight plug with color coded bend relief and insulating washer combination in the very beautiful black chrome finish
9. A LEMO PFG style rear mount panel receptacle with removable front nut and strain relief behind the panel
10. A LEMO FAG style panel mount plug non-latching plug with a BFG plug cap providing IP51 protection
11. A LEMO FWG latching panel mount plug with an unterminated PHG free socket. To uncouple this pair requires depressing the flange around the panel mount plug
12. An example of use of keying and color coding to ensure no cross mating. A LEMO FGA plug with blue bend relief lies unmated near the EGA panel mount receptacle with a blue insulating washer.
13. Lastly we have a LEMO EGJ panel mount receptacle. Typically a LEMO interconnect pair will have the pin contacts on the plug side and the socket contacts on the receptacle side. By use of the LEMO keying system however, those genders can be reversed, as you see the EGJ (J keyway is specific to reversed gender) has pin contacts.